Thursday, 16 June 2016
The History of Music Videos
Learning Comment:
Through doing this task, I now have a solid understanding and appreciation for the history and development of music videos. I have looked from the very origins of what could be classed as a 'music video' up to the dramatic and movie-like ones we have now. Through studying this progress I can see and understand as to why music videos are like the way they are today and know the various different events and milestones that took place that really revolutionised the art that is music videos. Nowadays, a music video is so much more than just a filmed performance or collection of images that accompanies a piece of music. It is now a great product within itself that has often surpassed the actual song. The shift from performance based to narrative music videos, I believe, is monumental as it really set the tone and path for how videos are now created and produced. Having a strong narrative or plot is crucial as it retains the audiences interest and competes in popularity with the actual song. They also bring in a secondary audience who may not be fans of the artist or song itself, but instead wants to watch the video purely for it's aesthetic and cinematic value. In this way, some music videos have evolved to become more similar to that of short films than how they were first originally created. I have seen what makes a music video so popular and effective and thus will go on to try and implement what I have learnt into my own product.
Labels:
1) Research
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment