Saturday, 25 June 2016

Analysis of Music Websites


 Learning Comment:
Through doing this task, I now have seen and analysed a wide range of music and band websites from all different genres. This has made me very aware of all the varying codes and conventions that accompany these kind of websites and thus I know what to look out for and to include in my own band website. Many of the websites that I have looked at have been very effective and inspiring. One of the things I have noticed is the importance of creating a brand identity and a coherency through the website, products and artist itself. If it is disjointed or confusing then the overall effect is ruined and it is incapable of holding your attention. Minimal words or information are needed on the main home page as the images, colours and layout used should do the speaking alone. It is the first thing you see so it is crucial that it is eye-catching and engaging. This is the most common and important convention when it comes to band websites. Also, it is essential that the artists' personality and type of music comes out in their website, whether through images, layout, colour scheme etc. Regardless of the genre, the whole purpose of the website is to engage their target audience. When the website is first clicked on it should become immediately obvious as to who this artist is, their music genre and that this whole place is dedicated to their music.

No comments:

Post a Comment