Wednesday, 22 June 2016

Lip Syncing Task



Learning Comment:
Doing this task was quite challenging but also very enjoyable as it tested both my filming and iMovie editing skills. To begin with I found it quite tricky to sync the lyrics with the visuals of me singing it, it took a little time to get your head around where you can cut and split the clip so that it would work better. After a few minutes however I got the hang of it and it became fairly simple. This was mostly also down to the fact that we had a lot of footage, filming each scene multiple times, so when I had difficulty matching a certain frame, I could just use a different piece of footage that synced better. It was fun filming the first video around the school and thinking up ideas that aligned with the lyrics, the second video however was holiday video where my friends and I were singing along to a song. We decided we would test our lip syncing editing skills further by using this video and adding the songs soundtrack behind it. If we had thought ahead and organised clothing we would have gone with clothes that mimic the Disney characters we are portraying to make the video more fun and realistic. I feel this was also quite successful and this practice will undoubtedly help us when it comes to editing and trying to lip sync in our final product music video.



Learning Comment:
This is my second attempt at doing a lip sync video and I feel that it was very successful. It felt a lot easier to film and edit as I had practice from before and therefore the whole process went a lot quicker and simpler. We were slightly pushed for time when filming it so there aren't as many varied shots as I would have liked but I feel we had fun and created some engaging and interesting shots that corresponded with the lyrics of the song. During this video, I feel I have improved at editing on the beat but another time I would like to try editing on the off beat which could be just as effective. Reflecting on this task, I see now that I should have split up some of the shots and to keep them short and punchy as some of them are a bit to long. Doing this would have given it a better pace and maintain your attention. Also, we were unable to play around with costumes during this task so it lacks the effect it would have had if we had involved this part of mine en scene. If we had the chance I think we would have gone for suits for the boys to create the idea of binary opposites and the laid back song being at odds with the smart clothing. It would also connote that these people are breaking free of their stereotypes and usual uptight behaviour to show off their happiness that they 'can't stop'. For the female part a bright and colourful dress would have been effective as it conveys the message of happiness. Through doing both these videos for this task, I now feel confident at lip syncing and that I will be able to apply it effectively when creating my own music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment