Thursday, 15 September 2016

Music Video Analysis 3










































Doing this task has meant that I have looked at music videos in depth and detail, seeing what makes them effective and stand out. The most important aspect of this task was choosing and analysing videos from different genres. Looking at what identifies each video as a member of a certain genre clued me in to common codes and conventions and made me consider how my own music video might either follow or challenge these. There is a large discrepancy between the different genre videos but yet they were all still effective as they all contained certain conventions which made them work. These universals are found in all videos and I will ensure that I use them in my own production - e.g. fast cuts, editing to the beat, close ups and an interesting and unique storyline/video concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment