When discussing ideas for where we want our video to be set we had to think about the difference between the narrative and the performance elements. I instantly thought of this place when thinking about where we may want to film our performance parts of the video. It is dramatic and unique while also semi tying in with the lyrics of "Like a small boat, in the ocean". It also holds a slightly sombre mood due to it's derelict nature and isolated location. This would work very well with the overall storyline and idea we are working with for this song. I think this location would work well for the performance elements of the video as it is quite powerful and I think the connotations of a wide and empty expanse of countryside works harmoniously with the ideas of loneliness and isolation. The only issue I may have with this is whether a completely blank white background( e.g. filmed in a studio) would work better for the performance parts by relaying the same connotations but in a more effective way? This is something we will have to think about and decide on.



No comments:
Post a Comment